Acupuncture at Conception Wellness
Acupuncture is an important part of each wellness plan. It is an ancient healing art that is safe and effective for modern complaints. It can be used to calm the nervous system, stimulate the flow of blood, stimulate,and/or calm the immune system, balance and regulate hormones, decrease inflammation, support the digestive system, and much more!
There are many choices for acupuncture in the San Diego area. Why choose Conception Wellness?
- Our acupuncturists are also Registered Nurses in the state of California! Our education and experience crosses the Eastern/Western boundary, providing our patients with a truly integrative experience!
- We use a wide variety of Chinese Medical techniques on our patients, not just acupuncture! Acupuncture is the most familiar Chinese Medical treatment and is very safe and effective. We love it! At Conception Wellness, we also use other powerful techniques such as moxabustion, Chinese cupping, massage, and gua sha to help our patients heal. These techniques are added to your treatment if indicated without an additional charge. They are powerful treatments and can promote deep healing! Our practitioners use them regularly and are highly skilled in performing these treatments.
- Our acupuncture is gentle, safe, and effective! Our practitioners have studied gentle techniques, making our treatments comfortable for even the most needle-phobic person! Acupuncture does not need to hurt to work!
- Doctors and nurses trust us! We work closely with some of the best health care professionals in San Diego. Conception Wellness is the clinic they trust to refer their patients to AND the clinic they trust to receive their acupuncture!
- Our treatments come with education! During your treatment, your health concerns are discussed. Our practitioners will provide you with advice on diet, lifestyle, herbs, exercise and supplements to improve your condition if indicated. They can also order laboratory testing if needed! They are a “wealth of knowledge!” If your condition requires a work-up or treatment that we can’t provide, we will refer you to an appropriate practitioner. Our resources are excellent and our referral network is one of the most valuable things that we can share with our patients.
Many studies have demonstrated the benefits of acupuncture for fertility health. In a woman trying to conceive naturally, it will help with balance and support of hormones. Fertility acupuncture can also improve blood flow to the reproductive organs and promote overall wellness by calming the nervous system to provide stress reduction. Dr. Loisanne Keller (the original founder of the clinic) was helping women conceive with acupuncture in the early 80’s, long before reproductive endocrinology became popular. She used to keep a photo album of her “acupuncture babies” in the waiting room of the clinic. Before she retired, Dr. Keller passed on her wealth of knowledge and experience in fertility acupuncture to her student, Lisa Pugliese, R.N., L.Ac.
The journal of Fertility and Sterility published a research article that showed that during IVF, women who received acupuncture before and after embryo transfer had a significant increase in pregnancy rates.
This study has opened up the world of reproductive endocrinology to the healing benefits of acupuncture. Many reproductive endocrinologists encourage their IVF and IUI patients to use treatment while undergoing IVF treatments. Fertility acupuncture is not only beneficial for the day of transfer in an IVF cycle, it is beneficial in the weeks leading up to the transfer for hormone balancing, egg quality. uterine lining health, and stress reduction! We have seen many women with a history of “failed IVF cycles” have successful IVF cycles after starting fertility acupuncture. The same benefits of acupuncture for IVF hold true for IUI cycles, frozen embryo transfer cycles, and for women using egg donation. Fertility acupuncture is a big part of the work we do at Conception Wellness.